Family Resource Programs
Family Resource Programs are community hubs where families access support, opportunities for engagement, and community resources under one roof.
Family Resource Programs offer:
- Family Navigation – Actively connecting families to services that can be of assistance. Family Navigators are on-site to provide clear pathways to enhanced supports and services. Family Navigators can also be contacted directly, at:
- Community Belonging – Providing structured or unstructured opportunities for parents to share experiences, expertise, guidance and emotional supports with other parents.
- Support for Families – Addressing the expected or unexpected challenges that a family may face. Family Services may include but are not limited to: parenting education; provision of food and equipment, and unstructured, safe places to access professionals informally.
- Early Learning Opportunities – Parenting classes and Parent Information SPARK! classes are offered for families.
- Support for Indigenous Families – Family Resource Programs connect with, include and support Indigenous families. The intent is to reduce cultural isolation and support cultural connectedness and community wellness.
School District No. 46 offers Family Resource Programs at the following locations:
Gibsons Family Resource Program
783 School road, Gibsons
Sechelt Family Resource Program
5538 Shorncliffe Avenue, Sechelt
Madeira Park Family Resource Program
5012 Gonzalez Road, Madeira Park
Have you met your FAMILY SUPPORT NAVIGATORS?
Do you have questions about parenting concerns such as:
- Bedtime and mealtime routines
- Behavior and discipline
- Your child’s development
- Assisting your child through Kindergarten transitions
- Connecting with community, services or other professionals that may be of service
Then we could be of service to you!!
Family Support Navigators can be found at:
- Sechelt StrongStart – Mondays through
- Gibsons StrongStart – Tuesdays and Thursdays
- Madeira Park – Tuesday mornings for our special Family Resource Program Group! Focusing on supporting families with young children and babies!
If you can’t find us there, you talk with the StrongStart facilitator or contact us directly at:
StrongStart Educators in our StrongStart Programs can also assist you in connecting with our Family Support Navigators or help to address your concerns.